Saturday, July 24, 2010

Latest and Greatest from Vicki Pettersson and Richelle Mead

So I've finished "Cheat the Grave: The Fifth Sign of the Zodiac" by Vicki Pettersson and it was entertaining. It wasn't as dramatic and "thrilling" as the rest of the series. I really felt like this was just a book to connect the previous storyline to the conclusion of the series. I really think the last quarter of the book is what drew me in and had me on the edge of my seat. Basically, as soon as I finally got hooked it was just about over and I have to wait until the next book. It's still entertaining though.


I also finished "Spirit Bound" by Richelle Mead. This is the latest book in the Vampire Academy series. I was really hooked on Blood Promise and Spirit Bound wasn't as well laid out as Blood Promise. This was also a connector book. The next book due out in Dec is the final book in the series and Spirit Bound is connecting the storylines and not really laying out too much new storyline. I also really hate when an author does a major cliffhanger. Most of the new storyline takes place at the end of the book and then it ends in the middle of a major conflict. If I had to wait more than a few months before the next installment came out I would be more irritated than I am with it.

No comments: