Thursday, January 7, 2010

The Hollows by Kim Harrison

Dead Witch Walking
The Good, the Bad and the Undead
Every Which Way but Dead
A Fistful of Charms
For a Few Demons More
The Outlaw Demon Wails
White Witch, Black Curse

This series was recommended to me by a friend. I really like it. It's a little slow in the beginning but I have decided most series (Night Huntress excluded) take me a couple of books to really get hooked. I say the first few chapters of Dead Witch Walking were slow and kinda like "ok where are we going" but it clears up and the story starts to play out. I have to say my fav book in the series was Every Witch Way but Dead (3rd in the series). Though most of the books in the series dont leave you hanging in a climax (only one, White Witch, Black Curse does) it's best you read them in order so you know the history. My fav character in the series is, by far, Al. Rachel is also a pretty well put together character. She has a ironic and sarcastic sens of humor which I find hilarious. I think the only character that I don't really care too much for is Ivy. Jenks is a riot! You'll laugh and cry (and cry laughing) through this series. The next in the series Black Magic Sanction is due to be released in March 2010 for HC and April 2010 for PB. This is another book I can't wait to read!

On another note. Kim Harrison's suggestions have made me read a lot of the books I have and all of which she recommended I have liked as well.

Author's website:
http://www.kimharrison.net

No comments: