Thursday, January 7, 2010

Some of my favs

Night Huntress Novels by Jeaniene Frost
Halfway to the Grave
One Foot in the Grave
At Grave's End
Destined for an Early Grave

I gotta say that this is a series I ABSOLUTELY adore. It includes all the makings of a well put together series. It has a good plot in EVERY book, there is no wait and make you see what happens a year from now. It has GREAT characters. Cat is a strong, independent woman who ,though occasionally she needs saving, she doesn't sit back whining about how no one is saving her. I tend to like strong heroines in my stories, someone I can admire. "Bones" or Crispin is swoon worthy and again a very well put together character. I HIGHLY recommend this series. I picked Halfway to the Grave up at Border's one day and bought it based on the cover art. So who ever said dont judge a book by it's cover? I also have to make a comment about Frost's writing style. She has a way of not over-doing it. She adds enough detail to where you could easily picture the scene playing out in your head without drowning you in detail. She also doesn't add anything that isn't pertinent to the storyline. If it's in there it's need to know. I have read this series over and over again and I never tire of it. I still laugh at the innuendos and the little jokes and I REALLY cant wait until her next book is released just because I love it that much. Also, in Feb 2010 she has a spin off series being released I recommend you reading this one first just so you can get to know all the characters.

Author's website:
http://www.jeanienefrost.com

No comments: